Inflowmatix designs, builds and consults on the implementation of solutions that enable water utilities to monitor, understand and optimise the performance of their networks.
We are guided at the highest tier of our management and decision making by world-class and pioneering research into water network operation and management.
Our aim is to work with our utility clients and other stakeholders in the water industry to establish and maintain a water supply resource in the integrity and reliability of which all sectors of society can have complete confidence.
arboricity™ is a suite of analytical services offered to the water industry, centred around near realtime, calibrated hydraulic models. This is delivered utilising a cloud platform (congruity™) currently deployed in production on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) using Kubernetes (GKE).
Purpose of the Role
The Control Engineer role for arboricity™ within Inflowmatix will:
- Develop numerical algorithms for determining the physical state of water supply networks and their optimal control
- Monitor the online performance of these algorithms and make improvements where necessary
Reports to: arboricity™ Technical Lead
Reportees: None at present
Location: Based working from home although it is expected the role will necessitate travelling to meetup with the arboricity™ team from time to time at a mutually convenient location.
Overnight stays will not be necessary to fulfil this role effectively (save for such team sessions indicated above).
The objective for the Control Engineer is to:
- Build algorithms for the near real time model calibration and optimal control of water supply networks
- Combine traditional approaches in control theory applied to physical systems with data science approaches, such as scientific machine learning, by working with data scientists and hydraulic engineers
- Produce well structured code that can run reliably in an online environment
- At all times work in a way that reflects the Company’s values
- Maintain high standards in terms of personal appearance, conduct and respect of Company property.
Skills and Experience: Essential
- Degree in Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mathematics or similar discipline
- 3+ years of experience working with mathematical optimisation
Skills and Experience: Desirable
- Julia Programming Language
- Test driven development
- Git (especially GitHub)
- Self-motivated within an agile team setup
Who We Are
Inflowmatix Limited is a wholly owned member of the SUEZ Smart and Environmental Solutions family, part of the wider SUEZ group.
At SUEZ the efficient and sustainable management of resources around the globe is at the heart of everything we do. Respect – acting ethically and with integrity – is one of our core values. We’re passionate about the environment and believe in protecting our world. Over 90,000 likeminded people worldwide makes for an incredible team, where collaboration and trust are part of the way we work. With true team spirit, we can give our customers a standard of service that goes above and beyond and ensure that our local communities have access to essential water and waste services
We thank our people for all they do with development opportunities, wide-ranging benefits and rewards that reflect their hard work. In a friendly, supportive environment, you’ll be inspired to grow and play your part in creating a better future for all.
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The responsible hired team member will be expected to participate in this process and the Company would aim to reach agreement on the changes.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line.