Inflowmatix designs, builds and consults on the implementation of solutions that enable water utilities to monitor, understand and optimise the performance of their networks.
We are guided at the highest tier of our management and decision making by world-class and pioneering research into water network operation and management.
Our aim is to work with our utility clients and other stakeholders in the water industry to establish and maintain a water supply resource in the integrity and reliability of which all sectors of society can have complete confidence.
The Embedded Software Test Engineer will work on the InflowSense™ product, our high-frequency pressure sensing IoT device which performs onboard (EDGE) advanced analytics. The purpose of the role is to:
- Be part of the core InflowSense™ team and participate in the full agile development lifecycle activities of the team
- Be responsible for the automation of continuous integration, acceptance testing and associated tooling required to run, maintain and monitor the quality of embedded software.
Reports to: Embedded Software Development Lead
Location: Based working from home but within commutable distance to our office at Southampton Science Park.
The Embedded Software Test Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the quality of IoT device embedded software by using continuous integration to provide fast feedback resulting in reliable and sustained development pace.
This requires the Embedded Software Test Engineer to:
- Develop and maintain a continuous integration (CI) pipeline
- Develop automated test scripts to validate technical, functional and performance requirements
- Develop internal tools to help other developers and our support team work with the product
- Specify and maintain test-beds and associated hardware
- At all times work in a way that reflects the Company’s values
- Maintain high standards in terms of personal appearance, conduct and respect of Company property.
Skills and Experience: Essential
- Solid Python programming experience
- Solid troubleshooting, debugging and documentation skills
- Working in an agile environment
- Versed in the use of version control tools e.g Git or similar
Skills and Experience: Desirable
- Experience working with embedded hardware and software
- Experience with microcontroller protocols such as I2C, SPI, PWM, RS232
- Experience with test automation frameworks e.g. Robot Framework
- Self-motivated within an agile team setup
Who We Are
Inflowmatix Limited is a wholly owned member of the SUEZ Smart and Environmental Solutions family, part of the wider SUEZ group.
At SUEZ the efficient and sustainable management of resources around the globe is at the heart of everything we do. Respect – acting ethically and with integrity – is one of our core values. We’re passionate about the environment and believe in protecting our world. Over 90,000 likeminded people worldwide makes for an incredible team, where collaboration and trust are part of the way we work. With true team spirit, we can give our customers a standard of service that goes above and beyond and ensure that our local communities have access to essential water and waste services
We thank our people for all they do with development opportunities, wide-ranging benefits and rewards that reflect their hard work. In a friendly, supportive environment, you’ll be inspired to grow and play your part in creating a better future for all.
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The responsible hired team member will be expected to participate in this process and the Company would aim to reach agreement on the changes.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line.