Inflowmatix designs, builds and consults on the implementation of solutions that enable water utilities to monitor, understand and optimise the performance of their networks.
We are guided at the highest tier of our management and decision making by world-class and pioneering research into water network operation and management.
Our aim is to work with our utility clients and other stakeholders in the water industry to establish and maintain a water supply resource in the integrity and reliability of which all sectors of society can have complete confidence.
arboricity™ is a suite of analytical services offered to the water industry, centred around near realtime, calibrated hydraulic models. This is delivered utilising a cloud platform (congruity™) currently deployed in production on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) using Kubernetes (GKE).
Purpose of the Role
The Julia Architect role for arboricity™ within Inflowmatix will:
- Design and maintain a core part of the congruity™ platform, written in Julia, that enables numerical algorithms and services to register, run, and return results to other services in the platform.
- Collaborate with other architects, software developers, data scientists, control engineers and devops engineers thereby providing cohesion for the congruity™ platform.
Reports to: arboricity™ Technical Lead
Reportees: None at present
Location: Based working from home although it is expected the role will necessitate travelling to meetup with the arboricity™ team from time to time at a mutually convenient location.
Overnight stays will not be necessary to fulfil this role effectively (save for such team sessions indicated above).
The objectives for the Julia Architect is to:
- Design, according to best practices, software services written in Julia that communicate with other services via HTTP on the congruity™ platform
- Enable pre-existing numerical algorithms to successfully run via Julia services
- Monitor, debug, and maintain the running of these services in the cloud (initially in GCP but also soon on Azure)
- Guide data scientists and control engineers in software best practices
- Collaborate with other architects and software developers on the design and development of the congruity™ platform
- At all times work in a way that reflects the Company’s values
- Maintain high standards in terms of personal appearance, conduct and respect of Company property.
Skills and Experience: Essential
- Strong understanding of the Julia language and its best practices
- Previous experience in an architecture or lead developer role
Skills and Experience: Desirable
- Experience working with data scientists in order to bring data science solutions into a production environment
- Test driven development
- Experience in the development of HTTP APIs and associated tools such as OpenAPI & Swagger
- Participation in open source projects
- Git (especially GitHub)
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Google Cloud Platform
- Self-motivated within an agile team setup
Who We Are
Inflowmatix Limited is a wholly owned member of the SUEZ Smart and Environmental Solutions family, part of the wider SUEZ group.
At SUEZ the efficient and sustainable management of resources around the globe is at the heart of everything we do. Respect – acting ethically and with integrity – is one of our core values. We’re passionate about the environment and believe in protecting our world. Over 90,000 likeminded people worldwide makes for an incredible team, where collaboration and trust are part of the way we work. With true team spirit, we can give our customers a standard of service that goes above and beyond and ensure that our local communities have access to essential water and waste services
We thank our people for all they do with development opportunities, wide-ranging benefits and rewards that reflect their hard work. In a friendly, supportive environment, you’ll be inspired to grow and play your part in creating a better future for all.
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The responsible hired team member will be expected to participate in this process and the Company would aim to reach agreement on the changes.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line.